- April 1st, 2016 New Member Deadline for Shandaken Community Gardens in order to secure a plot. SCG is currently inviting new members to join with plots still available for the 2016 season. After the deadline, 2nd plots will be made available to existing members and those who join later, first come first served. Two new plots are being added this spring! Membership contact: Stephen Wilder, Membership Coordinator, (845) 202-1117
- April 9th, 2016, 10 – noon Seed Swap at the Phoenicia Library
- April 24th, 2016 Opening Day! noon to 5 pm, orientation at 2:30.
- October 24th, 2016 Food Day
- April 26th, 2015 Come for a burst of early spring gardening on SUNDAY, 4/26, 3 to 6 pm. Community garden tours, new member orientation, plot clearing and preparations will be happening at the Shandaken Community Gardens (SCG) at Phoenicia Elementary School in Phoenicia, NY.Kicking off our Third Year of community gardening, everyone is invited to the Opening Day / Work Party and to visit the garden, participate in a garden orientation and meet SCG members as we clean off the winter debris and prepare the garden for planting. SCG is currently inviting new members to join with 10 plots still available for the 2015 season. Membership information will be available and many of the gardeners will be on hand to answer questions.Contact: Valerie Linet, Community Liaison, (845) 242-9821
- April 1st, 2015 New Member Deadline for Shandaken Community Gardens in order to secure a plot. SCG is currently inviting new members to join with plots still available for the 2015 season. After the deadline, 2nd plots will be made available to existing members and those who join later, first come first served. Two new plots are being added this spring!Membership contact: Clyde Forth, Membership Coordinator, (845) 202-1117
- March 14th, 2015 First Annual Seed Swap at the Phoenicia Library in Phoenicia, NY. 10 am to 12 noon. Co-sponsored with the Phoenicia Library in Phoenicia, NY. Bring your organic and heirloom seeds. Everyone is welcome. Don’t have seeds to swap? Some seeds will be available to purchase.
- Sunday April 27th, 2014, 3:30-5:30 pm, Opening Day and Orientation. Composting lesson at 4 pm.
- Sunday April 20th, 2014, 3-5 pm, Community work day to prepare the garden for the coming season.
- Sunday October 13th, 2013, 2:30-4:30pm, PUTTING YOUR BEDS TO BED WORKSHOP
- Sunday, September 8th, 2013, 3 – 6 pm — Arts in the Garden!Admission is free, donations gratefully accepted.Come celebrate harvest season in the Shandaken Community Gardens with music, art, garden tours, mini-workshops and more! Consider becoming a member for next season! All ages welcome. Located at the Phoenicia Elementary School on Rt. 214.
- Sunday, August 4th, 2013, 2 – 5 pm — Work Day focused on Community Circle, mulching, finishing zip tying/gating the fence.
- Sunday June 23rd, 2013 at 2pm, Garden Celebration. Celebrate the long mid-summer days with garden demoonstrations, performances, food, and community. Now is a great time to volunteer to help plan the day’s events!!
- April 27th & 28th, 2013 — OPEN ART STUDIO SALE IN SHOKAN APRIL 27TH AND 28TH 11 am to 5 pm or by appointmentMaraleen Manos-Jones: garden art, wearable art, writable art, wall art, many mosaics, dioramas, pine needle art and much more……….Steve Jones: Steve’s Simple Stuff: plant stands, benches and framesJennifer Hauer: wallets, pens, spirit creatures, and other creative endeavorsWhere: 434 Bostock Road, Shokan 12481For more information: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 657-8073Part of the proceeds to benefit Shandaken Community Garden at the Phoenicia Elementary School, specifically for plants that attract pollinators
- April 28th, 2013 — Ground Breaking
- April 20th and 21st, 2013 — Fence Raising
- March 9th, 2013 — Members of the Steering Committee will be guests on Catskill Cabaradio.